Friday, March 27, 2009

"Like a moth to the flame. Burned by the fire."

Normally I like to pride myself on being myself and not just following the trends of society. But I have to admit, I've fallen hook, line, and sinker, for the whole facebook craze. I enjoy getting on FB and catching up with old friend, seeing what everyone is up to, occasional chats, and Texas Hold'em Poker. I check my FB page regularly and think it is a great tool. But with every great discovery there is a great discovery about the initial great discovery that is not too great. Which brings me to today.

I was doing my normal morning check of FB to see what is going on and let people know what i had going on and I notice that I, who absolutely hates taking pictures, had been tagged in one of my friends photos. I looked at who posted it and I thought. We were good friends at high school but outside of that there was no real connection. We never hung out or anything, so why would she have a picture of me. I looked at the thumbnail sized picture and thought, thats not me thats this guy who was a year behind me, and she just tagged it as me since i was the only black guy in our graduating class. So i go to this girl's page to tell her that she has mistaken me for someone else. So by clicking on the pic I was transported to the page the pic was posted. In doing this I was exposed to a full size pic instead of a thumbnail..........







It was me, circa 1993, at a graduation awards function. (I'm seeing RED!) I had been burned by facebook. I had spent time after time laughing at old pics of people i know, knowing that since i never took many pics, I would be somehow immune to the embarrassment. But out of nowhere comes this picture in which i look like a crackhead version of myself. I was killin them though in my mustard yellow silk shirt. Don't quite know what was going on with that tie, but hey it worked. So i wondered why I never knew of the existence of this pic. And I tried to put myself in the mindset of the person who took it. And I think of the countless hours of daydreaming that went on in that girl and any girl that she shared it with. After all I was, and still am, a tall, dark, and handsome piece of chocolate man candy. And instead of leaving a comment telling her to take the pic down, I will let it stay up to provide visual pleasure to wimmens all over the world. So like Rick James on Chappelle show said, "ENJOY YO'SELF!"



"You know how I roll!"

Dublar

2 comments:

  1. Three words....

    "It's on now."

    That picture has been cut and pasted, and when I get some time and inclination photshop elements will be in full effect to add the captions and the adjustments as I see fit.

    ReplyDelete